avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Merlin, Meta, Repository, Utilities - release
Date Sat, 20 Dec 2003 21:08:00 GMT

Eric Pugh wrote:

>Are all the updated tutorials for this new RC in CVS already?

Yes.

>Is there any
>specific tutorial/unit test to look at to better understand the new
>embedding stuff that you would recommend?

There is not a tutorial on embedding - yet.

>Assuming that this goes forward ;-), then this Embeddable Merlin is all that
>Turbine 2.4 is waiting for then.  Can't wait for the release...

Just a note concerning Fulcrum stuff - the new version of the unit test
has improved a lot over the one your using.  The main differences are
that you no nonger parameterize the test case with constructor arguments
- instead things will just work automatically - anbd if you have a
special scenario - you just add a merlin.properties file to ${basedir}
and you can customize the kernel setup.

Cheers, Steve.

>Eric Pugh

Stephen J. McConnell