avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] release candidate 3.2 preparation
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 10:11:46 GMT

Alexis Agahi wrote:

>On Tuesday 09 December 2003 10:32, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>OK - CVS is updated.
>>
>>To build you need to checkout the avalon cvs, then
>>
>>  $ cd meta
>>  $ maven avalon:build
>>
>>  $ cd ..\util
>>  $ maven avalon:build
>>
>>  $ cd ..\repository
>>  $ maven avalon:build
>>
>>  $ cd ..\merlin
>>  $ maven merlin:build
>>

>We are not far from successfull build.!

:-)

Now your going to upset me arn't you!

>"file://home/Al/works/merlin/config/kernel.xml"
>looks like an unvalid url :)
>I can't remember the concerned properties file localtion (if any?).

I'm guessing but I think you find this is a result of file.toURL();

What is happening is that the system is attempting to locate the default
kernel definition.  It looks for a file named
${merlin.config}/kernel.xml and if that file exists, then the file is
converted to a url (using File.toURL()).  The code dealing with this is
in merlin/kerne/impl  - DefaultFactory.java - getKernelURL().  Based on
the error below it sems that I need to fully exand the file before
creating the URL.

Stephen.

>-----------------------------
><snip/>
>
>+----------------------------------------
>| Installing: Merlin CLI
>| Memory: 27M/44M
>+----------------------------------------
>
>java:prepare-filesystem:
>avalon:artifact:
>    [echo] Artifact:
>/home/Al/works/avalon/merlin/kernel/cli/target/merlin-cli-3.2-dev.jar.meta
>    [copy] Copying 1 file to /home/Al/.maven/repository/merlin/jars
>

>java:compile:
>avalon:artifact:
>    [echo] Artifact:
>/home/Al/works/avalon/merlin/kernel/cli/target/merlin-cli-3.2-dev.jar.meta
>    [copy] Copying 1 file to /home/Al/.maven/repository/merlin/jars
>
>    [echo] Compiling to /home/Al/works/avalon/merlin/kernel/cli/target/classes
>
>java:jar-resources:
>Copying 1 file to /home/Al/works/avalon/merlin/kernel/cli/target/classes
>
>test:prepare-filesystem:
>
>test:test-resources:
>
>test:compile:
>
>test:test:
>    [junit] dir attribute ignored if running in the same VM
>    [junit] Running org.apache.avalon.merlin.cli.test.MerlinCLITestCase
>---- exception report
>Exception: org.apache.avalon.merlin.KernelException
>Message: Could not load the kernel directive:
>file://home/Al/works/merlin/config/kernel.xml
>---- cause

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org