avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Monitoring
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2003 06:39:32 GMT

Alex Karasulu wrote:

>Yes this is the next critical step.  I think everyone at
>Avalon would be in favor of this since it has surprisingly
>become the basis for IoC in the J2EE container world.
>
>Yes, I'm all for it as Noel says! Once the repo release is
>complete is suspect this is the next priority concern.  What
>do you say Steve?

What I think is that adaptive profile delivery is the next critical
step.  Using an adaptive profile - Merlin will deliver what you want -
77/88/99?/whatever.  Bottom line is that there are some structures to
get in place to make that possible.  The 3.2 series has a lot of that in
place already - but more work is needed down deep - in particular a
finder based block implementation (not hard to do) - but the current
repo and embedding ugrades need to be released first).

Cheers, Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org