avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject [repository] preparing for a release
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 20:30:12 GMT

The work on the repository package is now complete with repect to
technical development and the current CVS version of Merlin has been
fully synchronized. Some additional documentation and examples
concerning the support for repository pluggable implementations in
needed which I intend to include next week.

Main steps include:

1. preparation of utilities documentation
2. completion of repository spi and bootstrapping docs
3. add a tutorial and supporting code
4. link in utility javadocs

Before starting on the above I want move the repository package
out of Merlin and into Avalon proper as the first formal container
facility.  Initial documentation is available at the following URL:

Over the next couple of days I'll be reworking a lot of the content
in merlin/kernel package to leverage the new repository.  Currently
the CVS version of Merlin is using the 1.2 repository implementation
but a ton of optimizations can now be introduced and I expect to see
a big reduction in the amout of code inside the merlin kernel as
a result.  Once that work is complete I would like to move forward
with a vote to release the repository and related utilities prior to
cutting a new Merlin release.

Cheers, Stephen.

Stephen J. McConnell