avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] JMX?
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2003 13:05:32 GMT
On Tuesday 30 December 2003 21:42, Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia
- SPO) wrote:
> Let's try to push the JSR 77 within this development.

Not so sure about this. I haven't read the full spec, but doesn't it sound
like, if you are JMX compatible, then JSR-77 compliant tools can "manage
you"?

> I wonder if its not a good thing the user to express (metadata) his willing
> to expose one or more of his components as MBeans.

Much more sure about this :o)

Not only should we consider meta info for "component level" exposure but at
"method level", which is the whole purpose of MBeans in the first place.

Niclas