avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Subtle strange behaviour...
Date Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:42:01 GMT

Hi,

I and Stephen spent a long session to try to figure out my problems to build.
To make matters worse, there were more than one thing causing it, but each
rather tiny.
We are now happy to announce that it was resolved after a lot of swearing and
confusion for 5 hours or so...

The small stuff has been committed, but one important issue remains, as we
need clarification from the Maven folks.

If you set MAVEN_HOME, but not MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL, you are in for some
interesting problems.

Maven's build system will ignore MAVEN_HOME, so if MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL is not
found it falls back to $USER/.maven.

But Merlin, it's testcases and later on execution, does
$MAVEN_HOME_LOCAL  ->   $MAVEN_HOME   ->  $USER/.maven
hence some very weird behaviour.

So keep this mind, until we get it clarified from the Maven camp.

Cheers
Niclas