avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [FYI] Eclipse moving to OSGi
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 01:47:57 GMT
On Tuesday 02 December 2003 05:51, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> <snip/>
> >Whether we should consider "compliance" to the OSGi spec or not, is open
> > for further discussion, but I am personally a bit in favour, at least
> > right now.
> What do you mean by "compliance"? OSGi brings not only concepts, but a
> full API that obviously differs from Avalon's one. Or do you mean that
> an Avalon container could be implemented on top of OSGi?

My direct thought was an OSGi spec'd container, capable of housing OSGi

Other scenarios, as you rightlfully points out, exists :o)  and was more than
I initially was thinking of.

1) A OSGi container, capable of managing OSGi bundles and Avalon components.
2) Supporting OSGi bundle of a Avalon container and its components.
3) Supporting OSGi implementations as Avalon components.
4) ?