avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject RE: Merlin installation (suggestion)
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:00:34 GMT

izPack is _very_ nice.  I've used it on a number of occasions.  The
advantage of both izPack and NSIS is that all we really need to include in
the Merlin CVS is the configuration script or XML file.  I don't think there
would be any need to host the izPack or NSIS tools (just like we don't host
maven) and thus we shouldn't have any real license issues.  But we should
double check before going ahead.

Also, there's no reason we cannot use both.  NSIS installers make things
look very natural and polished to windows users.

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM
  (724) 696-7653