avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Avalon#] When shall we release it?
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:47:40 GMT
Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
>>- How stable is it?
>
> No complaints ;-)

I ask, because what we're distributing this thing with is the likes of
apache-httpd, mod_perl, tomcat. We need to attach some kind of
"stability marking" to it based on our assertion of stability (and let's
try and live up to the standards of the big boys, at least), and provide
a "support level" with that.

What is it, alpha, beta, rock solid, as mature as your granny?

>>- How well-tested is it?
>
> hmmm. I used in a project that is going to production about this month.

Does that project use all of the framework's features? Are there other
projects that use it? Perhaps something open source we can look at.

>>- What about documentation?
>
> There are a lot of docs here:
> http://www.apache.org/~hammett/avalondotnet/index.html

neat! I share Niclas' concerns about the images though.

We need to get this published on the main site. You know how?

>>We'll at least need a bit of docs up on the website first (to direct
>>people to who have questions). Other than that an alpha release* and
>>making some waves seems a good idea. Release early, release often!
>
> I liked the Alpha release idea.

well, cool! Volunteer to be release manager, bake a plan, fire away :D

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonReleaseManagerHowto

> We need someone to work on the logger and put this thing to work. Anyone?

I am in my HelloWorld stages for C#, and not really itching to go beyond
  that :D

- LSD