avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: [proposal] IoC type 3.14 extension to the Avalon Framework
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:43:01 GMT
Jonathan Hawkes wrote:

> I hope that the example needs little explanation (it is a bit contrived, I admit).

And that is a problem. If you had a real example of a working
application, you'd find that there's a lot of code in the lifecycle
methods (at least that is the case with our apps). In the type3 example
all that stuff would have to be in the constructor.

Because of obfuscation we have moved from DIY to the Avalon framework in
the first place. And now people are trying to go back to "roll your own"?

If anything, we'd need more framework, not less. We've written an
application framework on top of Avalon to standardize even more. The
Cocoon and Keel folks have done the same.

Ulrich