avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timothy Bennett" <exterminat...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [avalon-http] SessionManager
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 14:57:52 GMT
"Stephen McConnell" <mcconnell@apache.org> wrote in message
news:3FB2E7A7.3000208@apache.org...

> Timothy Bennett wrote:
> >
> >For what it's worth, I'm running Merlin 3.0 RC4 released on 9/15/03, but
I'm
> >pretty sure I tested this on my work machine as well which is running the
> >final 3.0 version released at the end of September.
> >

> Proxy based isolation on services was added afer the 3.0 release which
explains this.

Could you explain a little more what proxy-based isolation of services is,
and why this was added to merlin.

Apparently, this is a turn from phoenix-based deployment of services.  The
avalon-http port of jetty-phoenix was pretty straightforward, and worked
fine in the merlin 3.0.  Not really any *re-architecting* of the
service/impl relationships and meta-data was necessary.  Refactoring was
mostly of the renaming variety and mapping assembly/config/environment.xml
to block.xml constructs along with replacement of phoenix-meta to
avalon-meta.

However, it would seem from my complete peripheral point of view, that the
service isolation stuff may present an obstacle in porting *some* phoenix
blocks to merlin, as it now indicates that in order to get this to run
correctly, we'll need to do component/service re-architecting.