avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Component Persistence
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:15:09 GMT
Alexis Agahi wrote:
> As I'm now using hibernate on current biz project, some ideas come to my brain
> about how could have transparent persistence with avalon compenent.

just another opinion:

You do not want persistence of avalon components. You need to persist
data. Data != component.

The component should just be logic, which is already persisted in the
form of the classfile. The integral part of the component that is not in
its classfile is its configuration (and metadata). Those are already
persistent (all those xml files).

This abstraction seperation has been shown to work well (IMNSHO, best).

The merging of your component container and your data container is a bad
idea. Rather, your data container is a service provided to other components.

cheers!

- Leo