avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [wiki] Moin Moin?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 06:09:35 GMT
> Hey, looks like there's a moin-moin wiki installation on Apache:
> http://wiki.apache.org/
> Not sure how long it's been there, but the geronimo docs have been moved
> over from codehaus to it, which hopefully means it's here to stay.

MoinMoin has been there for weeks as it was tested and configured.  Geronimo
was moved over somewhat urgently because codehaus was /.'d.  The next step
is to migrate the existing data from UseMod:Wiki.  If anyone wants to help,
please feel free.

HOWEVER!

> Would anyone object if I eventually move our wiki
> content to the moin-moin installation?

YES!  The infrastructure team would object.  :-)

Please do not do any such thing unless you are participating in the Wiki
migration (you are invited to volunteer).  The ASF MoinMoin install is not a
single Wiki.  Jason Dillon set up a Wiki Farm.  We have plans for setting up
per-PMC Wikis.  There will be a virtual Wiki established for Avalon.  As a
general rule, $TLP.apache.org/wiki will be internally rewritten as
wiki.apache.org/TLP.  This helps to plan for migration, and allows a project
like Cocoon to use their own Wiki technology without breaking the pattern.

	--- Noel