avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [Proposal] HiveMind Service Framework
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:42:46 GMT
> > Wouldn't it also mean that more resources was coming here?? And I don't
only
> > mean "Howard" (I assume the original author), but also the "user base"
of
> > which some will dig in...

> The Avalon project has already seen a devided development
> which really hurt us.  That is why we are trying to focus
> on one way of doing things, and evolve that.

... "and evolve that."  Stephen, for example, has said that Merlin is
designed to be not just a container, but a means for building containers.
He has said that there are aspects of HiveMind that he likes, and would like
to build into Merlin.  For that matter, there is possibly some code in
Phoenix, e.g., JMX related, that could be moved over to Merlin.

So I get back to the question of whether there aren't good opportunities for
collaboration and merger of the communities.

	--- Noel