avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: ServiceManager and ComponentManager
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 08:12:11 GMT
Jonathan Hawkes wrote on Friday, November 14, 2003 5:47 PM:

> Oh, yeah.  It seems that I ran across this explanation a
> while back...  Must have forgot.  I just like the name
> ComponentManager better :)

The real confusing issue IMHO is, that anyboday here talks of components (recognize the lowercase)
and implies, that these components do not implement the Component interface anymore. For newbies
this is quite irritating. Personally I like "service" much more, since I do not tie mentally
"data/state" with "service", but with "component".

Regards,
Jörg