avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: [Lintouch-dev] RE: [ANN] C++ Port of Avalon Framework
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 08:11:43 GMT
Hi Martin,

Martin Man wrote on Monday, November 10, 2003 9:14 AM:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 11:20:20AM -0500, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>> I'd like to inform all of you, that the company I work for
>>> (www.swac.de) has decided to release one of our key products under
>>> opensource license. This product uses our inhouse developed C++ port
>>> of Jakarta Avalon Framework
>>
>> Why don't you contribute the port to the Apache Avalon project?
>> There is a port for C# also in process.
>
> I'd like to contibure it, but at this moment my C++ port uses
> at least QT, log4cpp and cppunit which are (from the license
> point of view) ASF incompatibile. Refactoring all of them out
> cound be a major effort and I'd like to first know whether
> there is an interest for it before touching the code.

I can provide a cppunit with compatible license. It mimics JUnit 3.2 very closely and ran
under Solaris and with MSVC 6. I wrote it some years ago after looking dissapointed at Michael
Feathers version. Since then his version (cppunit from sf) has evolved a lot, but  I did not
follow the development, because my focus changed from C++ to Java also at that time. If you're
interested I will revive it.

--
Jörg