avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] merlin + datasources
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:45:37 GMT

Jim Alateras wrote:

>>>But when this service executes I get the following error
>>>
>>>java.lang.NullPointerException
>>>

>>Umm .. this is a worry - you should not be getting a NPE.
>>
>>Any chance you could throw together a testcase?
>>

>How should I package the test case. Do you want a jar + config + source
>so you can execute the block that will show the error

Jim:

I took a more careful look at the stack trace that you initially
posted.  The NPE is being thrown under the select operation - so the bug
is down in the DefaultDataSourceSelector.  I've just update the
cornerstone datasources-impl project to include an empty test case.  You
should be able to use this to establish the NPE condition by modifying
the config.xml and invoking selection under the test case.

Stephen.

>cheers
></jima>

Stephen J. McConnell