avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] IoC type 3.14 extension to the Avalon Framework
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:21:05 GMT
Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Jonathan Hawkes wrote:
>
>> Did you even read the rest of the message?  I'm not pushing a type 3
>> replacement.  You could continue to write components as you wish.  Please
>> see the original message and do me the courtesy of reading it.  I'm not
>> trying to spark an argument over which way is best.
>

> Sorry to be unclear, I'll try again. I wanted to communicate that I
> don't see the need for type 3 and therefore your proposal. This does not
> mean that I would -1 it, if I were a committer. It just means that I
> don't need it and haven't understood why others do :)

Easy:

There are developers who simply refuse to use other people's interfaces
(shocking but true), and to support folks who suffer from NIH syndrome
(Not Invented Here), the constructor mechanism what was come up from.

It has everything to do with development style, and what some developers
think is easy others think is a pain.

That's why I really don't care what method is used to accomplish IoC as
long as it is supported.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin