avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Avalon Components project
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:12:13 GMT

Eric Pugh wrote:

>Okay...  But, can I transfer my Hibernate component over to this new
>repository?  Remember, Hibernate is LGPL, and I couldn't host it in Fulcrum.
>Secondly, can I have committer access?
>
>If either of those are no, then that points out the need for another site.
>If both are yes, then I'm all for it as it solves my problem.

The Hibernate component could be transfered *if* the component code was
donated to the ASF. Remember that we are not talking about the Hibernate
sources - instead we are talking about code that is using Hibernate as
part of a component implementation.  This is no different to the James
project using Javamail.  As to yourself as a committer - absolutely yes!

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org