avalon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject avalon meta site surgery
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 04:50:15 GMT

I've been doing some digging into this problem. The inital reason why a 
file url was included in the maven.xdocs.jsl was due to a bug back in 
Maven 8.  That bug was resolved in maven 9, however the workaround seems 
to still be present in the meta package build procedures.  I've tried to 
resolve this using the approach that Alexis suggested (and a dozen other 
variations) but this breaks under Windows.

Conclusion - there is a problem in variable resolution that is probably 
linked to ant properties verus jelly variable assignments in the context 
of reactor builds.

I've just updated cvs to change the site jeneration model.  The changes 
involve the shifting of all site related defintions from 
site/project.xml to the root directory under platform.xml (the same 
approach as used in the merlin package).  This ensures that we are 
always running from the same ${basedir) and that the properties file and 
meven.xml are the same when running a build and when running site 
generation.  Under this approach the defintion of the maven.xdoc.jsl  is 
simply "site/etc/site.jsl".

The following goal is working nicely under Windows.

  $ maven avalon:dist

Could user of other platforms please confirm.

Cheers, Steve.



-- 

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@avalon.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@avalon.apache.org


Mime
View raw message