avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [merlin] composition tutorial
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:57:43 GMT

Steve Harris wrote:

>Doing what the readme says does not result in a working example.
>
>i.e.
>it says to compile by doing maven build. This does nothing. typing
>just maven does build it.

I updated this is CVS a couple of days ago but have not pushed it onto
the site yet.

>i.e. 2
>
>it says to run it using:
>
>merlin target\*.jar -system %MAVEN_HOME% -execute
>
>however I get an error saying -system is not valid.
>Haven't figured out yet how to get around this.

Can you do me a favour an note down the page references where you find
things like this.  In the meantime there is a special command that
simplifies execution of merlin relative to the maven repo:

$ merlinx -execute target\*.jar

(note the x following merlin - its a handy little utility to save typing).
Just for reference -system was replaced with -repository.
The latest greatest info about the command line can be discovered using:

$ merlin -help

Cheers, Steve.

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org