avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [avalon-jetty] Status update
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 00:22:19 GMT
I've just comitted this in the merlin repo under merlin/web/http and
have the demo up and running:

  http://www.osm.net:8080/example/servlets

What can I say - this is *really* nice!
Well done.

I've updated the dependencies so that everything will build and deploy
off the repository.  I also added a standalone deployment descriptor
that you can run directly from merlin:

  $ merlin http://dpml.net/avalon-http/blocks/avalon-http-1.3.block

then check results my pointing your browser to:

  http://localhost:8080/example/servlets

I did had a problem concerning the SessionManager that may have crept in
as a result of the spi/impl separation.  The value passed to the web-app
is a jetty SessionManager but the value acquired from the service
manager is a http.SessionManager (resulting in a class cast exception).
I've changed the http.SessionManager to extend jetty.SessionManager in
the SPI package as a temporary solution to get things going.

However - we will need to sort this out in order for the SPI to be
independent of the jetty implementation (which I think we can do by
building a session instance dynamically based on meta-info pulled in
from the servlet class) and maybe through this we can eliminate the need
for servlet specific session classes which would bring things down to
just the servlet class and @avalon tags.

Thanks again for getting this in place!

Cheers, Steve.

Timothy Bennett wrote:

>"Stephen McConnell" <mcconnell@apache.org> wrote in message
>

>>This is great - looking forward to this.
>>

>Patch attached.
>
>The maven stuff is rudimentary at this point.  Please look it over, and help
>me go beyond my incredible maven *newbie-ness*.
>
>There's a readme.html in the project root that tells you how to use the
>avalon-jetty block.
>
>Any questions, just ask, but I probably won't respond until Tuesday (11/11).
>
>Enjoy,
>Timothy Bennett

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org