avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [merlin][newbie] Can't build from tree
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 20:52:07 GMT

Steven Harris wrote:

> Another OS X issue is that in OS X /etc/passwd is not the system of
> record.

That's ok - what we can do is to update Env.java to do whatever is
needed that is specific to the OS X platform.

> I can work around this by forcing it's update via "nidump passwd / >
> /etc/passwd"
> but I'm not sure what the standard way of dealing with this
> incompatibility is.

Alex should be around soon - it will be simpler to ask him what we need
to resolve. Basically the problem is occuring under the
getUnixUserShell() operation - it appears that we need to do som special
handling for OS X.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell