avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [repository] news - update - etc.
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 15:20:33 GMT
On Sunday 30 November 2003 22:58, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Wait for documentation and examples or take a look at the ones Steve
> has already referred to.  It helped clarify a lot for me.

My opposition is not against the whole idea. I can appreciate that.
What I appreciate less, is that 45 frameworks out there have various factories
and builders, some of them with a preprended name, some not.
I am basically making an argument similar to "against java.sql.Date", please
introduce new terminology if required, but using too generic names always
leads to problems (please check the usage of Entity.class around the world to
see what I mean, and I don't mean to replace Artifact with Entity).

Niclas