avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [Avalon#] When shall we release it?
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:35:18 GMT
On Wednesday 26 November 2003 23:10, Sergey Fadeev wrote:
> >> Also Avalon# needs Selectors implementation or something else that can
> >> interchange this functionality. I also can get down to this next week.
>
> HVdOES> This is a long discussion. Do you really need it? AFAIK selectors
> is HVdOES> supported in fortress but not in Merlin. To support it or not
> support it?
>
> No, I don't need selectors itself, I only need possibility to use
> several components with the same role. Though IMHO the Merlin way of doing
> things is looking better.

That is a slightly different issue. I wasn't around, but could imagine the
discussion;

- Sometime we need to select a particular instance or implementation.
- Ok, we throw in a Service Selector.
.... time goes by ...
- Ooops, what are the semantics exactly embedded in "hint" ?
- Let's not get into that, we do like this instead....

Cheers,
Niclas