avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Status of Eclipse Repository Plug-In
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 08:20:07 GMT
On Wednesday 19 November 2003 11:25, aok123@bellsouth.net wrote:
> > What I am aming at is that the repository can be "Navigated" from a root
> > container. See attachment (also available at
> > http://niclas.hedhman.org/repository/rep-browser1.jpg ).
>
> Ok the picture helps alot.  I don't know exactly how the Repository API can
> help.  Steve would have to step in and explain it if it can.  I am defering
> the repository work to him.  Once he's finished I just want to embed
> merlin.

He has been away from the computer for 9:00 hours now, so I guess he has been
sleeping and be back soon ;o)

<quote person="Stephen McConnell" time="19 Nov 2003 01:40:07 UTC+0800"
medium="ICQ">
 : OK - presumably these groups are active.  And presumably these group can be
related to questries?  I.e. what you describing is something that can be
considered as a view on a maintained selection.  That coveres both directory
and discovery semantics.
</quote>

If you can work out what that means... (I can't).

We later drew closer to a "Categorization" aspect and that such can be seen
along many axises (acies?), compare with Yahoo, where I can go by
Regional -> Europe -> Sweden -> Construction
or
Construction -> Regional -> Europe -> Sweden

to get to the same list, for instance.

Don't know how that is going to be set up though :o)

Niclas