avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: IRC instead? (WAS: reducing dependency on me)
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:41:34 GMT
On Tuesday 18 November 2003 17:01, Eric Pugh wrote:
> Well, the irc.werken.com resolves to irc.codehaus.org, and there is logging
> for some of the channels.  So, theoretically we could do that as well.  I
> think that, while irc logs may be a pain, I think more private emails are
> going on then we realize..  Just because it can be much faster.  I wouldn't
> mind hanging out on IRC as well (especially as I discovered Trillian has
> nice support, and I don't need another client!)

I'm gaim on almost any form of communications, as long as;

1. Net result is compiled to mailing list. (I wouldn't bother reading logs,
where 90% will be meaningless). Stuff discussed that is not compiled, never
happened, just like private mails.

2. It doesn't require some odd client. Now "odd" is different for everyone.
Gaim (my IM client) says it supports almost everything, incl IRC, but I
haven't managed to connect though. Give me a Channel name, and I see if I can
get there ;o)

Cheers,
Niclas