avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: reducing dependency on me
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 02:25:03 GMT
On Tuesday 18 November 2003 03:47, Leo Simons wrote:
> Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> > On Monday 17 November 2003 22:37, Leo Simons wrote:
> >>* Gump.
> >
> > I think you lost the "little guy", when "über büilder" came in. At least,
> > I have a very humble opinion about Gump that <-------censored----->
> > Reminds me of a similar opinion of Maven...
> > Never mind.
>
> the point is the need for continuous integration. Gump is sort-of ugly
> yes, but it is a lot less ugly than everything else. Do you think
> continuous integration is bad and/or not worth the effort?

I like CI, but I don't feel that Gump is providing my need, which  of course
is very different from Apache's needs.

I like CI in the form of, "I change a line or two, and make sure it still
works." Gump is "too infrequent", yet.... I don't know. Can I take an
"Ulrich" on that :D

> >>* CVS.
> >
> > Advanced CVS?? What are you having in mind? An continously integrated
> > trunk, and a branch for each change, merged back when completed?
>
> Let us call everything other than add|commit|import using a GUI tool
> 'advanced'. Regular tagging, use of branches for refactoring, stuff like
> that. We don't need to go mozilla-style :D

Ok. I know Stephen is a "scared raven", but I think someone like your
experience around here should establish an offical guideline.

Niclas