avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [Counter PROPOSAL] Avalon Component Index
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:54:42 GMT
On Friday 07 November 2003 17:04, Berin Loritsch wrote:

> The solution I propose would allow and foster the creation of several
> component repositories, but provide one index so that folks know where to
> look for components that they may want to use.

An index is not a repository. People can look up an index, interpret the
content, move on to N locations, interpret the "local language", figure out
which component can do what is needed,  find the download area, and manually
insert them into a development effort.

How about a tool doing this?? Not that easy...

Niclas