avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: [RT Merlin] Automatic composition
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:19:09 GMT
On Tuesday 11 November 2003 23:14, Alexis Agahi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Maybe this already exist (who knows, merlin has incredible power ;)) but it
> could be funky to have automatic composition feature in merlin.
>
> What I'm thinking about, is a sort of "deployement" jar repository that
> would be used by an 'application' as a 'composable component'.
>
> The question is: how can I provide application users/developpor a simple
> way to add plugin without block.xml modification.

Since Stephen is probably sleeping (late afternoon in Paris)....

I think you can. If the Block Type descriptor exist, and no explicit service
resolution is provided, I think Merlin assemble to "best knowledge"...

Or maybe you asked something else... ;o) ( After half a bottle of Jim Beam is
not the best time to answer questions in the peripheral of your knowledge
area....)

Cheers,
Niclas