avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Man <Martin....@seznam.cz>
Subject Re: [Lintouch-dev] RE: [ANN] C++ Port of Avalon Framework
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:13:55 GMT
On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 11:20:20AM -0500, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > I'd like to inform all of you, that the company I work for (www.swac.de)
> > has decided to release one of our key products under opensource license.
> > This product uses our inhouse developed C++ port of Jakarta Avalon
> > Framework
>
> Why don't you contribute the port to the Apache Avalon project?  There is a
> port for C# also in process.

I'd like to contibure it, but at this moment my C++ port uses at least QT,
log4cpp and cppunit which are (from the license point of view) ASF
incompatibile. Refactoring all of them out cound be a major effort and I'd
like to first know whether there is an interest for it before touching the
code.

> As a side note, I would suggest that any C/C++ port of Avalon ought to also
> be based upon APR, which would vastly improve the portability of the code.

That's a good point and I will investigate it further to see how easy it will
be to use APR wherever possible...

> 	--- Noel

thanx,
martin