avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: Eclipse Plug-in
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 09:32:42 GMT
Nick,

I don't know if JNDI would be the right way to go either.  You go
a head and just implement the plugin as you were proceeding.  There
is a long road a head even if the JNDI route was taken.

We need to implement this stuff a few times.  Make some mistakes
and then go back to the drawing board.  But you need to get the
plugin out to give a major impact.  You are self contained and
are not publishing out an API that needs to be managed carefully.

The value of the plugin is in the UI.  Once a solid API stabilizes
then we can retrofit it.  You are in a great place to make merlin
the de facto standard container by building out this plugin.

I should leave you alone so you can succeed ;-).

Alex