avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject RE: [merlin][newbie] Can't build from tree
Date Sat, 08 Nov 2003 04:02:11 GMT
Ok sorry for this one.  I'm totally responsible.  Excuse the delay too I
have been going to stacks of email today and have just gotten to this one.

Env does not support MacOS!  I don't have a Mac available to do that on.
Maybe I should read more of this trail before responding.

1). If this is OS X then you have an /etc/passwd right?

2). Does it follow a convention where the last component of an /etc/passwd
entry is the Shell used?

If all this is true and the usual shells are available with the -t option to
execute a single command then I can make the changes to support Darwin.

Oh and another thing is I need to know the os.name property value for your
OS which I presume is Darwin.  Where is the cutoff for when it was a NON
UNIX OS?

> >> And now the interesting one:

Excuse the ignorance where MacOs is concerned - I have never even used a
Mac.

Alex