avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexis Agahi <a...@users.sf.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Component Persistence
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 17:46:20 GMT
On Friday 07 November 2003 19:27, Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira (Engenharia -
SPO) wrote:

> Hmmm.. I think that sounded a bit rude

stay cool, I'm clearly not trying to be rude or whatever, sorry if I might
have shocked you, it is just that I'm trying to convince you ;)
I've failed (that's part of the game), I'll pay you a bier next time you come
here. ;)

> > So what is the difference from getting data from configuration file and
> data
> > from the storage (db, ldap or whatever) except that configuration could
> > be
> > seen as static final data.
>
> You answered your question.

so you agree that component could have its own data (even if it is currently
read-only). why refusing to get larger scope?

> > ok but that does not mean doing nothing and "waiting for the sun".
>
> And I didn't said that. What I say early was: look for plug-and-use
> persistence strategies. Don't try to reinvent the wheel.

I agree with reuse if possible and I agree that I could implement persistance
using current avaiable library.

Software is a constant cycle process, with perpetual reinvention of wheel.

I dont want to have persistance inside component at any cost, but seeking for
any matches to enhance the model/framework.

Cheers