avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: RES: distributed containers
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 02:05:13 GMT
On Wednesday 05 November 2003 01:39, Hamilton Verissimo de Oliveira
(Engenharia - SPO) wrote:
> I want to check WSIF in more detail, maybe we can get the best from both
> worlds, maybe we can use Jini and a SOAP transportation, don't know yet...

To some extent it is possible to use Jini for Service discovery and any
transport protocol. The minimal requirement is that the ServiceProxy, is
serialized and written to the Jini LUS via RMI (unless you want to re-write
the LUS, in which case you can do any protocol).

So, the Service Proxy can be a SOAP client, no problem, and since we aer on
J2SE, serializing and throwing that into LUS over RMI is also no problem.

Niclas