avalon-dev mailing list archives

From <aok...@bellsouth.net>
Subject Re: Re: repository boostrapping
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 02:08:15 GMT
My last email was before reading this one give me a chance to process.

> From: Stephen McConnell <mcconnell@apache.org>
> Date: 2003/11/03 Mon PM 09:05:46 EST
> To: Avalon Developers List <dev@avalon.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: repository boostrapping
>

> aok123@bellsouth.net wrote:
>
> >Sorry forgot to ask another Q.
> >
> >So you intend to have maven generate the build descriptor for the jar (used to calculate
the URL of the properties file artifact to get from repo) and the properties file with the
dependencies to be put up on the repo?

> >I'm getting confused. If we can generate the property file with dependency URLs then
what's so bad for us to just bundle the properties file into the jar and use it as a jar resource
rather than a repostory artifact?  Why have the extra properties file generated by the build
stored separately on the repo from the jar that the same build generated?