avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexis Agahi <a...@users.sf.net>
Subject Re: [RT] Component Persistence
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 11:01:30 GMT
On Saturday 01 November 2003 11:16, Niclas Hedhman wrote:

> Although I am pretty keen on getting into a Persistence model for
> component's value objects (as the component itself rarely is persistable),
> I fail to see the need for a extension of Avalon Framework.
>
> IMHO, the PersistenceManager is just any Avalon component, which is
> configured the normal way, and looked up via the ServiceManager by
> components that requires it.

Why not; good idea, but I dont know if PersistenceManager is a classical
component, would it be able to deal with new component lifecycle?

I mean when a lookup is performed on persistenceManager it should respect
component dependency, and all lifecycle stage (including persistence stuff).

If a compenent can handle such features, then no problem.