avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merging plan (was Build process in maven?)
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 03:58:59 GMT

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 23:02, Stephen McConnell wrote:

> >>Just the sort of thing I should be adding to the JIRA roadmap for Merlin!

Agreed.  I can't wait for JIRA roadmaps for Avalon. :)

> >NEWS FLASH From Colorado Software Summit!  It exists!  Dion Gillard's
> >presentation on Jelly noted to major things:
> >
> >  1) There is an Avalon Service for integrating Jelly
> >     into an Avalon container.
> >
> >  2) Jelly also has support for delegating to BSF.
> >
> >This means that you could pickup the Jelly service for Merlin, and integrate
> >it at a deep level so that we can use it for component testing, using Jelly,
> >BSF supported languages, etc.
> >
> >Right now the Avalon Jelly service is in Jelly's CVS module (Jakarta
> >Commons).  Depending upon what you need to do it to (I haven't looked),
> >perhaps you might want to talk about adopting it officially into the Avalon
> >project.
> >
> >	--- Noel

I thought about doing a generic Jelly service, but it was such a back
burner issue I never had time to do it.  This could be really cool!

Couldn't this be used for some of the scriptable components Leo was
interested in?

--
 jaaron  <http://jadetower.org>