avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Farr, Aaron" <Aaron.F...@am.sony.com>
Subject Disturbing realizations
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:40:51 GMT

Fellow developers,

In attempting to answer some reasonable questions on the users' mailing
list, I discovered two things:

1. Our logkit documentation didn't survive mavenization!  It should be in
the components section, but I don't see it anywhere.  Did anyone convert it
over?  I know I didn't.

Moreover, we don't have good logging examples.  We regularly get questions
on how to use logging framework 'x' in fortress, merlin, or phoenix.  This
isn't hard.  If nothing else, we should add it to the HowTo's in the wiki.

2. Uh, this may sound like a really silly questions, but what happened to
GUMP?  The last run shown on:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/

say September 9th!  Is gump being run elsewhere or is it just not running
anymore?  And I'm really impressed with Leo's GUMP install:

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/

Where did it come from? Is that running regularly?  What other toys does Leo
hide away on that site of his? :)

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  DDP-CIM