avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [RT] IoC type, well, something
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 09:44:13 GMT

Well I tried, but I can't come up with a counter-argument. If you
have the requirements that you list - no dependence on tools, high
level of reusability outside of containers and so on, then your
conclusion is completely correct.

What I am trying to get away from is the need for developers to
write a lot of boilerplate code that does nothing but set variables.
Besides, I know that my code will always run in a container.

Just a hypothetical question - if we had Java1.5 and attributes - would
that change your view?

Finally, by having a superclass that implements LogEnabled,
Contextualizable, Configurable and Servicable, I can implement my
RT, so this doesn't really require a change to the container
architecture.

/LS