avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [RT] IoC type, well, something
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:59:21 GMT

> From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Leo Simons
>
> On the other hand, there's
>
>    The Principle Of Too Much Magic
>
> we're introducing a lot of magic:
>
>   * reflection
>   * a new pseudo-language (rich javadoc attributes)
>   * a new metadata format (javadoc storage in jar)
>   * a new developer tool (compile pseudo-language into
>     metadata format)

I don't agree that we're *adding* magic. We are however replacing the
current set of magic:

 + reflection - yes we use that right now...
 + new pseudo language - replaces the old pseudo-language
 + new metadata format - replaces the old metadata format which
   the programmers shouldn't know or care about anyway.
 + new developer tool - replaces the two existing tools (one for
   fortress one for merlin).

Will attempt to dissolve your reasoning in another mail, though!

/LS