avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Pugh" <ep...@upstate.com>
Subject RE: [repository] mime type addition?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:46:45 GMT
I guess one reason though to explicitly load up example.jar and
example.jar.meta is that when I want to setup my own local repository it's
easy, all I need to do is have a working webserver.  additionally, if I want
my repository to be just a file system, then it is the same...

One of the nice things about the maven repository was that setting up our
own corporate one was dirt simple, and runs nicely on IIS.  As soon as you
need to configure meta mimetype you are going to have sysadmins telling you
"No!"...

Just something to keep in mind, and I'm looking forward to playing with your
example..

Eric

http://www.apache.org/~mcconnell/test/example work.  You
>only have the following in this directory:
>
>example.jar
>example.jar.meta

Yep.

The artifact url is  http://www.apache.org/~mcconnell/test/example

Relative to that artifact there are a number of resources that are
potentially resolvable - example.jar and example.jar.meta.  According o
the HTTP protocol spec we can set an "Accept" request property to guide
the server in terms of content negotiation.  I.e. the group/artifact is
sufficent with respect to url - the rest can be resolved using content
negotiation support.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/content-negotiation.html

Steve.

(who is figuring this stuff out as he goes along).

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org