avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "hammett" <hamm...@apache.org>
Subject [Avalon.Net] VS.Net implications
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2003 00:28:27 GMT
Folks,

Last week I was in a kind of Java vs .Net conference. I and a friend
presented the .Net architecture and in the end of the day a kind of Fight
Club (tm) was presented. Some guy from the Java side said that MS included a
statement in license agreement for VS.Net beta that read "VS.Net should not
be used for development of Open source projects". While other projects
cleary uses and exposes VS.Net entries in their projects I think ASF should
protected itself.

I don't know if this statement stills there but I'll remove each VS.Net
entries from CVS. From now the development will be eclipse-based.

I'm also in contact with mono-brasil (yes, at here my country is called
brasil with 's') for adapting the nant build and have Avalon.Net be a CLI
compliant.

I would like to ask again for a new name. The .Net suffix establishes a
relation with a company that don't respect the open source community at all.

Regards,

--
hammett