avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "hammett" <hamm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Darwinistic COP
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 03:05:49 GMT
Cheers, Niclas!

You point out very important subjects and while I was reading your post I
wrote some code (in my head). I just don't know how to make such thing
actually happen. These statements can't get out of The Wall [1] of the
technology (Java).

In the CLI world we can do something like:

    [LivesInAContainerRealm]
    public class MyHumanComponent : ContextBoundClass
    {
        // Desired lifecycles follows
    }

The happiest days of programmers lifes [1] could be brough by this kind of
use:

    MyHumanComponent component = new MyHumanComponent();

...and justice for all [2] - the magic happens (lifecycle is handled
transparently)

I Just [3] can't see this working in the Java plataform. Could you please
show me some code snippets of what you aiming?

Regards,

hammett

[1] - Pink Floyd
[2] - Metallica