avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedding and standardizing kernel parameter handling and discovery
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:18:34 GMT
aok123@bellsouth.net wrote:
>> - /etc/merlin/conf/config.xml
>
> Presumes UNIX layout no?

there's no reasonable standard for location of config data in windows
(well, the registry, but lets not go there). It'd be nice if there was :D

>> Assert.assertNotNull(f); /* natural place for validation :D */
>
> Ahhh you're already using the new JDK features that's why you don't
> mind using XML. ;-)

actually....something like

public class Assert
{
   public final static void assertNotNull( Object f )
   {
     if( f == null )
       throw new AssertionFailedException();
   }
}
public class AssertionFailedException extends RuntimeException {}

its been in JUnit for years; works with jdk 1.0 :D

> If there are some serious objections please let me know.

nope no objections; just opinions :D

cheers!

- LSD