avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [site] mavenization in progress
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2003 15:32:16 GMT
J Aaron Farr wrote:
> Sorry this has taken me so long, but the next iteration of the revised
> site is up at http://cvs.apache.org/~farra/docs .

kudos to you! Everyone hates working on documentation :D

> - The release management page has never been finished.  Do we have
> 'official' documentation for this?

no. The summation of

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonReleaseManagerHowto
         Paper based on the avalon-components releases

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AvalonDistributionLayout
         Paper based on avalon adopting the mirroring guidelines

http://www.apache.org/dev/mirrors.html
         Official how-to-mirror

http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi#verify
         Brief how-to-verify-httpd releases

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/verification.html
         Description of why verify

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Mirroring
         Not much here except for pointers to other mirroring pages

http://cvs.apache.org/~bodewig/mirror.html
         Stefan's useful how-to-mirror

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?SigningReleases
         Wiki of how-to-verify and why verify

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?IncubatorReleaseManagement
         How to do "releases" while in incubation

http://www.apache.org/dev/
         Main entry point into the ASF dev-docus

http://httpd.apache.org/dev/
         Main entry point into the HTTPD dev-docus

and similar fragments scattered throughout the ASF should be gathered,
verified, generalized, spell-checked, formatted into an anakia document,
then submitted as a patch (sent to infrastructure@apache.org) for the
www.apache.org/dev site.

> - As soon as we have a JIRA module, I'm planning on moving the links
> from bugzilla to JIRA.  Any objections?

nope.

> - Can't find a good place to put the "Roadmap" document.  But it's seems
> outdated anyway.  Do we just want to use JIRA's roadmap features or does
> someone want to put together a more serious roadmap?

use JIRA, kill the old one.

> - framework/principals should be /framework/principles.
>
> - Still need to add the docbook and cgi stuff.
>
> - I'm hoping to keep the "news" section current.  I've also thought
> about putting together a somewhat monthly digest of major threads on the
> mailing lists.  It could be something we could send to the Apache
> newsletter.

that'd be an option, but I suggest that maintaining our own "news"
channel is more work than we can do (long-term), so its better to just
participate in the big newsletter.

> Thoughts?  Comments?

Keep up the good stuff! I know what an unthankful job website management
is, and I really really appreciate other people doing the work ;)

more action items:

- disable forrestbot for avalon completely (dunno if its already done)

- figure out what version of maven is capable of generating our site and
all subsites, then tell everyone (I've heard lots of things about
various bugs)

- expand http://avalon.apache.org/components/ (like with your own stuff ;)

cheers!

- Leo