avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Yannick Menager <ymenager...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: Startable doesn't has a isRunning() interface ?
Date Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:22:26 GMT
But that way you're putting a risk that the container might be out of
sync with the real state of the component. All that to save having an
extra function. I would think the downsides are bigger than the cost of
having an extra function to check the state of the component. Otherwise
most people will implement that function but it won't be standard,
reducing potential reusability, and causing pains to people who want to
incorporate dynamic administration capabilities in the container.