avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Embedding and standardizing kernel parameter handling and discovery
Date Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:32:12 GMT

hammett wrote:

> [...]

Ummm, not so much a big change - more along the lines of consolidation
with an emphasis on simplification for the developer.

Above all - the thing that makes the Avalon Framework so useful is the
structure and order it provides to the developer.  When we start
thinking about multiple  mechanisms that can be used for a container to
supply artifacts to a component, we effectively treble the complexity
(classic, constructor, mixed case). One way of dealing with this is to
take a step back and seperate the notions of what we deliver from how we
deliver.  On the "what" side of things - I'm confident that there are a
bunch of things that can be consilidated based on what we have learnt
over the last few years - and I also think  that factory services have
an import role to play.

But this is all A5 and I'm really happy with A4 ..
but on the otherhand - I'm still thinking about a better, clearner,
smarter framework.

:-)

Stephen.

>hammett