avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: site action items
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:10:44 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:

>>> I'll take this one. Should be done in approx 10 minutes.
>>

> done. (took the 4.0.4 apidocs as that makes most sense to me; also
> updated the index page)

>>> disagree. I'll get the stuff which is still forrest-style docs
>>> uploaded; you handle the maven/anakia material?
>>

>> I've been going though the docs and for the most part the amount of
>
> > documentation in Excalibur is terribly small.
>
> but there's some important exceptions like instrument.

Where there are excaptions we can link to them - like I'm doing alreaduy
for i18n and configuration.  Where the doc is nothing more than a
summary paragraph then it should considated under excalibur/site.  Stuff
in between should be migrated under single page suppliments on
excalibur/site/xdocs/[packagename].

>> I've already updated a common Excalibur site - and my feeling is that
>> anything that has more than just a summary can be linked into pages
>> under the Excalibur site generation.
>

> acked. I'll fix up excalibur; you take fortress? (commit what ya have
> left :D)

I've already committed everything I've updated.  The rest will require
migration single page overviews to Anika.  That's what I meant by doing
it progrressively.  I.e. it ain't going happen tonight - and the world
is not going to come to and if it doesn't.

>> That would allow a generic javadoc goal for the separate pacakges.
>> Overall this is significantly simplfy Excalibur doc maintainance and
>> consitency.
>

> ok. You wanna aggregate, or shall I?

Nobody has ever asked me that before!

I'll work on a generic javadoc goal under maven for all
excalibur/[package]/apis.
(but this is new content - i.e. I want it all nice and consitent - and I
figure step-by-step is best approach - its not java javadocs but getting
maven builds up and running as well).

Cheers, Steve.

(who is definately hitting the sack in a matter of minutes).

> - LSD

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org