avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it a shame or what?
Date Tue, 28 Oct 2003 13:46:09 GMT
hammett wrote:

> [...]

Lawyer-ese:  "based on Apache Cocoon" means based on Cocoon's code, since the
product was written in another language, that isn't happening.  Therefore the
fact that they ripped off the idea from Cocoon doesn't need mentioning....

At least that's the difference between M$ corporate culture and open source
culture.  We seek to give the most credit, while they seek to hoard the most
credit.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin